What you’ll learn
- Understanding various RTOS concepts with FreeRTOS Programming and Debugging
- Learn Complete Step by step method to run FreeRTOS on STM32 MCUs using OpenSTM32 System Workbench
- Using STM32 Standard Peripheral Driver APIs to configure peripherals
- FreeRTOS Task Creation , Deletion, Scheduling using with code examples
- Important scheduling policies of FreeRTOS Scheduler
- FreeRTOS Stack and Heap Management
- Right ways of Synchronizing between tasks using Semaphores.
- Right ways of Synchronizing between a task and an interrupt using semaphores
- Synchronization between multiple events and a task
- FreeRTOS Queue management like creation, sending, receiving, blocking, etc
- Implementing mutual exclusion between Tasks using Mutex services and semaphores
- Understanding Context Switching with in detail code explanation
- Understanding Architecture specific codes like SVC_handler, PendSV_handler, SysTick Handler line by line
- You will learn about kernel Tick timer, its importance, the kernel tick frequency and its configuration details.
- Understanding complete ARM Cortex M and FreeRTOS Priority model and its configuration related informations
- FreeRTOS Debugging using SEGGER SystemView Software
- Lots of articles which explains line by line the ARM Cortex M related FreeRTOS architecture specific codes
- Low power instructions use case in FreeRTOS scenario
- Lots of coding exercises
- Debugging with SEGGER software toolkit by taking snapshot and continuous mode recording
- Basic knowledge of C and Micro controller could be added advantage but not mandatory
The course is designed for Beginners to Advanced audience.
“The Biggest objective of this course is to demystifying RTOS practically using FreeRTOS and STM32 MCUs”
STEP-by-STEP guide to port/run FreeRTOS using development setup which includes,
1) Eclipse + STM32F4xx + FreeRTOS + SEGGER SystemView
2) FreeRTOS+Simulator (For windows)
Demystifying the complete Architecture (ARM Cortex M) related code of FreeRTOS which will massively help you to put this kernel on any target hardware of your choice.
Development board used in this course:
If you already have an STM32 Based development board, then please continue using the same. The course uses STM32F446RE MCU based NUCLEO-F446RE board.
Software used in this course:
1) OpenSTM32 System Workbench which can run on all OS platforms(WIN/OSX/LINUX) (free)
2) SEGGER Systemview software free edition
teacher: FastBit Embedded Brain Academy, Bharati Software
Level: Advanced to advanced
Number of lessons: 158 lectures
Source : www.udemy.com