What you’ll learn
- Learn Kubernetes and cluster tools from an award-winning Docker Captain!
- Lead your team into the future with the latest Kubernetes & container skills!
- Know the right ways to use Kubernetes for proper DevOps workflows
- Understand production K8s topics like rolling updates, healthchecks, and failure recovery
- Know when to use different types of app configuration like args, envs, and ConfigMaps
- Make Kubernetes YAML manifests and deploy using infrastructure-as-code methods
Taught by an award-winning Docker Captain and Kubernetes expert, this Course is the result of a collaboration between Bret Fisher, creator of the #1 Docker & Kubernetes course on Udemy, and Jérôme Petazzoni who is a full-time Kubernetes instructor, as well as one of the original Docker Inc DevOps Engineers! We designed the course to take your Kubernetes skills from first-time user to using K8s in production.
Updates are a thing! You can count on it. Kubernetes is a huge topic and constantly evolving. As a result, this course will grow and evolve with it.
Just starting out with Kubernetes? Perfect. This course starts out assuming you’re new to container orchestration.
And, if you’re using Kubernetes now and need to learn the latest features, I’m here for you! See my topics around dry runs, diffs, logging, rolling upgrades, startup healthchecks, zombie reaping, and more.
[five stars] “Because Bret knows, lives, breaths and loves his technology stack. The passion and belief always comes through in all of his courses which is why I will always recommend his work.” — Steven Hunt, Udemy Student
Already a Docker Mastery student and want to know what’s different between the two courses? This course assumes you know Docker and dives deeper into Kubernetes and the community of tools around it. Unlike Docker Mastery, which starts with container 101 and takes you through a lot of tools like local development setups, docker-compose, registry, Docker Hub, Swarm basics, Kubernetes basics, and general Docker best practices… this course starts with Kubernetes 101 and has you learning and practicing each feature and workflow you’ll need for running your own Kubernetes clusters, and like all my courses, it focuses on how to use those features with a DevOps mindset and workflow.
BONUS: This course comes with Slack Chat and YouTube Live Q&As with me!
“…Bret is amazing. You can tell he knows exactly what he is talking about and enjoys helping others. I have never seen someone so involved with his user base as Bret. …I would seriously buy any course the Bret puts out because I have no doubts that it will be excellent.” –– David Olson, Udemy Course Student
Why should you learn from me? Why trust me to teach you the best ways to use Kubernetes? (Hi, I’m Bret, please allow me to talk about myself for a sec):
- I’m A Practitioner. Welcome to the real world: I’ve got 20 years of sysadmin and developer experience, over 30 certifications, and have been exclusively focused on DevOps and the container ecosystem for my consulting clients and my own companies since Docker’s early days. Learn from someone who’s helped run thousands of containers across dozens of projects and organizations.
- I’m An Educator. Learn from someone who knows how to make a syllabus: I want to help you. People say I’m good at it. For the last few years, I’ve trained thousands of people on using Docker & Kubernetes in workshops, conferences, and meetups. See me teach at events like DockerCon, O’Reilly Velocity, GOTO Conf, and Linux Open Source Summit.
- I Lead Communities. Also, I’m a Docker Captain, meaning that Docker Inc. thinks I know a thing or two about containers and that I do well in sharing it with others. In the real-world: I help run two local meetups in our fabulous tech community in Norfolk/Virginia Beach USA. I help online: usually in Slack and Twitter, where I learn from and help others.
teacher:Bret Fisher, Docker Captain Program
Level: Advanced to advanced
Source : www.udemy.com