What you’ll learn
- Create video games in an object-oriented environment.
- Write code in GDScript, and transfer your knowledge to Python.
- Program compelling 2D word, platform & stealth games.
- How Godot can make your game idea come to life – for free.
- Re-use any existing C# knowledge in a user-friendly engine.
- How to code from scratch a fun-way by making games.
- Godot 3.0.6 or later (it’s free and we’ll show you how to install it)
- Basic familiarity with coding is a bonus, but we’ll get you up to speed if you’re brand new
- A desire to make make games, and improve your coding
Learning to code by making games is a great idea, yet things can get in your way. Some game engines are over-specialised, overcomplicated and can overwhelm new users. Furthermore C-family languages like C-sharp and C++ can be cumbersome.
It’s time to discover Godot, a general-purpose, simple and welcoming game engine. Powered by GDScript, a lightweight and easy to learn Python-like programming language, you’ll be up-to-speed with the fundamentals of coding in a jiffy.
Whether you’re a complete beginner at writing code, an experienced developer wanting to explore this wonderful engine or a game designer who wants to embrace free and open-source software in your work, this course is for you.
Frequently Asked Questions…
Do I really need to learn a new programming language?
Absolutely, GDScript is based on Python – one of the most popular and productive coding languages in the world. As a beginner, this is a great place to start and experienced coders will find their coding improves with the perspective Python brings.
teacher: Ben Tristem، Yann Burrett، GameDev.tv by Ben Tristem
Level: Advanced to advanced
You can also use Master Unity By Building 6 Fully Featured Games From Scratch Course 🙂
Source : www.udemy.com